Sunday, March 13, 2011

Day Six: A Song That Reminds You of Somewhere

There are few songs that I can associate with a certain place. Of course I can associate songs with a certain time of my life but a certain place is a little harder. One of the places I most associate with music is California. I lived there for 4 months in the fall of 2007. I listened to a lot of music; in the car driving with my girlfriends and mainly in the various bars and clubs that we went to on the weekends. There are a few songs that come to mind when I think of my time in California but if I had to pick just one it would probably be Britney Spears. This was the time she was making her comeback and so the song got played everywhere! We listened to it a lot while we got ready, in the car, in the club and on the way home. I also remember watching the VMA performance in disbelief but hey, everyone has their bad times. 

 

No comments: